Omaha Sleep Dentist, Dr. Roger Roubal
Dr. Roger Roubal believes that dentists can change lives. That’s why he has studied hard to become the foremost expert on sleep apnea in the region, adding significant amounts of continuing education to his over 30 years of experience so he remains at the forefront of his profession as a “sleep dentist”. His Omaha office utilizes state of the art equipment for sleep apnea treatment.
What is a “Sleep Dentist”?
While there is no official ADA-recognized dentistry specialty for sleep dentistry, many people call dentists, like Dr. Roubal, who focus a large portion of their practice on treating sleep disordered breathing “sleep dentists”.
Dr. Roubal has long known the value of oral appliance therapy for treating sleep apnea. Even before it was covered by insurance, he saw the results his patients were getting, with about 90% of them seeing success with the treatment. Even patients who had previously been on CPAP but failed to control their sleep apnea, were able to succeed with oral appliance therapy.
In addition, Dr. Roubal and his staff have attended numerous courses at the LVI Institute of Advanced Dental Studies since 1997, studying cosmetic, neuromuscular, and sleep apnea dentistry. In 2004, he was selected to be a Clinical Instructor for LVI (1 of 80 worldwide). During his time as an instructor, he had the privilege of working with some of the finest dentists in the world, either as students or fellow instructors. Dr. Roubal never rests in his pursuit of the best dental treatments available for his patients. He has studied and traveled all over the United States and abroad and brought his combined wisdom home to Omaha, Nebraska, where he gives every patient world-class dental care.
What Are Dr. Roubal’s Credentials?
Dr. Roger Roubal earned his DDS from Creighton University in 1974 and was a Clinical Instructor at Creighton University School of Dentistry from 1974-1975. While being a well-rounded dentist, Dr Roubal is a believer in lifelong learning and has a focus on the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea.
Dr. Roubal has a number of professional affiliations, including:
- Instructor of Sleep Apnea treatment with Oral Appliances for Doctor Alliance Group
- Founding Member: Dental Organization for Sleep Apnea – Founding Member
- Accredited Facility at American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified in sleep treatment by the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- ACSDD (Academy of Clinical Sleep Disorder Dentistry)
- Diplomat: Academy of Clinical Sleep Disorders Disciplines
- Diplomat: American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Certified, and served as a clinical Instructor 2005-2010: Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Fellow: International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics
- American Association of Functional Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Nebraska Dental Association
- Omaha District Dental Society
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Sleep Study Club
“Even though Dr Roubal has advanced training and credentialing from the major Dental Sleep Medicine Boards, the American Dental Association does not recognize Dental Sleep Medicine as a specialty at this time.”
Click here to contact our Omaha Sleep Apnea dentist’s office or call (402) 493-4175 now.